domingo, 6 de julio de 2008

Twice a Year is Ample!

There are few (if any) things more important than good friends. That is why I was delighted this week to welcome two very good friends of mine to Mallorca and to the radio station. Chris and Polly Best have been my chums for over ten years and although we dont see each other very often, when we do...well you know what it is like with true mates you just pick up where you left off.

Chris is an extrordinarily talented broadcaster who presents the breakfast show on Smooth FM in the north west of England. Over 700,00 people tune in every morning to listen to him and he has the highest listening figures in the region. We used to work together on Century Radio in Manchester too many years ago to remember and it was a real pleasure to sit opposite a microphone from him again on Luna radio. (and if you were awake one morning at 3am...yes that was him under the influence of a little brandy having fun playing Lynard Skinner!)

To celebrate the occasion of their visit I cooked! Now let me make it very clear that I do NOT cook. Well, twice a year a do - mid summer and at Christmas - so it was time to get chopping onions and do my speciality..lasagne! This is the one thing that I do very well (actually I do two things very well but the other I cannot mention in a blog!). My lasagne has even been praised by a real Italian so it must be good!
After sweating several hours in the kitchen on one of the hottest days of the year it was ready and 8 people ate and enjoyed it. As far as I know none of them had to be admitted to hospital or spent the next day in the bathroom so I call that a success!